Building relationships with our community through service and fellowship.
Church members eagerly involved in the joy of service.
Ministry Leader: Terry Lachance
Please contact the church office at 403-289-0196 for more information.
Although the meal is easy to put together, there is a lot of preparation involved, and as community response grows, we need more volunteers who are willing to:
- Deliver invitations to surrounding homes
- Cut and prepare the toppings
- Cook the beans
- Provide country music if you play the fiddle/violin and/or guitar
- Clean up after it’s all done
- Help provide the haystack ingredients
- Make desserts
- Set up lawn chairs and tables
- Help obtain hay bales or old rustic fence boards
Skills Required: Willingness to serve where needed, the ability to have fun, dress western, and start up a conversation with strangers.
The supper takes place on the Wednesday during Stampede week in the church parking lot from 5-7pm. Delivery of flyers and meal preparation starts about one week in advance and will require 2-6 hours of your time, depending on the activity.
ALL volunteers will have the opportunity to help serve the food and enjoy their own haystack as they interact with the community guests.